Details are important. Since the last update, I focussed on the bike and some small improvements and electric farkles.
I received the Spot Messenger, a little GPS tracker. It will give me some extra bonus points and you can follow my track when I “and the XBR blaze a path across America” (R. Roalfe) . I will put a link on the blog, but, you’ve got to send me an e-mail to receive the password for the map with the tracking info. I tested it during the ski tour in Tyrol last week and it seems to work quite well.
In order to store the Dispatch 1 solution (see last post) under the saddle, I need more space there. I wanted to exchange the battery preventively, so I chose to buy an odyssey pure lead battery. It is not only more reliable and safer than a classic battery, but it is also 6 cm lower in height, that’s where I plan to install the electrical distribution box.
The contacts were a bit tricky to fix, but in the end I found a way to connect the cables to the battery.
I checked with Russell seats that my old saddle has arrived well and they confirmed that my super-comfort all-day-long saddle is being built at the moment.
I checked again the LED headlight and I came to the conclusion that I will leave it as it is at the moment. The glass lens in front of the lamp does make sense as the LED provides a very focussed spot in the middle which is better distributed with the additional lens.
During my test rides, I noticed that the windshield is buffeting. Following an idea of Heinz, I constructed a brace that connects the windshield with the cockpit. It seems to work very well.
I have received my order from RAM Mount: some usual connectors, but also a SPOT mount and the AQUABOX to protect the smartphone from the rain. The fixing of the mounts to the fairing was a bit tricky, but in the end I had to conclude “now we are getting somewhere!”. There will be more things mounted in the cockpit, but one can get an idea how it will look like in the end.